Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Big Day!

   I've spent the last few days stuck in writing land, which has been wonderful.  I've started working on a new serial and am coming up with new ideas for an older short story I've been working on for awhile.  So, all and all quite productive. 
   It was certainly better than the four hours I spent job hunting yesterday.  With so many private schools in the DC area you would think that at least one of them would be hiring a new history teacher for the fall.  What I'm finding is that maybe this private school thing is not as easy as I first thought.  Though everyone working at these schools already are less qualified than I am, I guess they have some special avenue through the prep school gates that I don't.  My sister went to private school and it seems that unless you went there or somewhere similar they just won't hire you.  I think that is sad and incestuous, but as an outsider I don't think there is much I can do to change the situation.
    On to some good news....We should have a decision on our house offer by 5:00 today (I was really hoping it would be earlier).  I am very ready to be on my own again (well Chris will be coming too).  I'll keep you updated as things transpire.

No comments:

Post a Comment